September 27, 2018 Thursday
With the proliferation of mobile phones becoming more prevalent than ever, it’s important to make sure your business has its after hours telephone answering service set up and optimized to provide the best customer service possible. Here are five tips to make your after hours phone answering service the best experience possible for your customers:
- Avoid Heavy Scripting: Heavily scripted phone calls, while potentially a tempting shortcut, tend to not be the best approach. Heavy scripting eliminates the two elements essential to a positive customer service experience: empathy and emotion. People like talking to someone who seems “real,” rather than following a script.
- Keep People On Hold As Little As Possible: Nobody likes to be kept waiting, especially if they’re already having to solve a problem after normal business hours. The more quickly you can solve your customers’ problems, the more likely it is your customers will have a positive experience.
- Stay Organized: Part of why customers are put on hold is because it can be difficult to find exactly who they should be speaking to. By staying organized and making sure everyone on the phones knows who manages what, customers will be able to reach the right person more quickly.
- 24/7 Access: Customers can call with odd requests at any point during the day, or even at night. If possible, having your after hours telephone answering service available at quite literally any time will help your customers feel satisfied with the service they are receiving. This keeps them from having to wait until the next business day for more immediate problems.
- If Necessary, Use Voicemail: Sometimes, 24/7 service just isn’t an option. In that case, don’t be afraid to set up voicemail for your company. People would much rather prefer to be called back than to be kept waiting on hold, so if someone isn’t available to help a customer the second they call, make sure you get their contact information so you can reach them at the first available opportunity.
Looking for a way to improve your customer service? Visit a-better-answer.com to see what options are available for improving your after hours telephone answering service.